comments

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.
- Helen Keller

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
but I have promises to keep,
and miles to go before I sleep.
- Robert Frost

================================================================================





Monday, August 3, 2015

New Brunswick

I talked with a guy at Denny's in Portland about the crowded motels and said I hoped it wouldn't be like that in Newfoundland and Labrador.
He said "No - they're all down here!"

So you know you are a Northerner when you go south to Maine for the warm weather!

The ride out of Portland was beautiful.
Clear skies, milder temperatures, and lower humidity; Even the remainder of I-95 was nice.
The border crossing was uneventful since I avoided making jokes about drugs and guns.

I made camp at Bay of Fundy National Park - a place I have read about for years. Low tide was at 8:40 am, so I was able to get some photos. I'll try to post them when I can get them out of the camera - I'm in a visitor's center now, getting ready to cross the Confederation Bridge onto Prince Edward Island.

In the Bay of Fundy, the fishing industry doesn't operate like most places where they get up before dawn and head out to sea. Here, the boats leave the dock and return to the dock at high tide, since that's when there is water. At low tide, the boats are sitting in the mud. Since the tides change by one hour every day, the schedule for fishing must be flexible.


No comments:

Post a Comment