comments

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.
- Helen Keller

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
but I have promises to keep,
and miles to go before I sleep.
- Robert Frost

================================================================================





Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Maryland

I'm in a KOA in Williamsport, MD.
After bragging up the KOA yesterday, they disappointed me a bit tonight.
Last night, I had a beautiful spot under the tall trees, and it cost $31.

This one is a great campground for families, with all the amenities and attractions, but I ended up with basically a gravel parking/tent spot with a picnic table.
For $51.

I need to do some better scheduling.
Today I did it again:
Arrive in camp after dark, set up camp by 9:30, get a shower and cook dinner by 10:00, copy SD cards and update the blog until midnight.


Today I went through Lake Placid and Tupper Lake, where I stayed on my 2008 trip.
I even managed to take a photo of the bike at the same location where I took a photo of my first bike.

2008:



2015:



In the area around Lake Placid is a ski resort called Whiteface Mountain.
I only got to see it from a distance, but it looked like a lot of double-black-diamonds to me.


1 comment:

  1. Lake Placid is gorgeous. I competed up there a couple of times, but never in the Summer. I'd like to see more LP pics, please.

    ReplyDelete